Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Second Year Molars

What follows is my epic saga with Emma's two year molars (or so I thought!)


Tuesday: Emma starts to act a little "off". Whining (more than usual), not wanting to eat, just not her self.

Wednesday: Wakes up off, falls asleep on the couch (something she never ever does) and wakes up with a fever. She seems to be holding lots of spit in her mouth. Naturally, she's not swallowing because it hurts, I look in her mouth, see a white spot on her tonsil and the panic sets in. She has strep and I have a 2 month old. Emma gets rushed to the doctor's and gets diagnosed with a simple "virus" that needs to run it's course.

Thursday: Fever dies down and hubby notices that Emma's gums are swollen. I google "swollen gums, fever and crankiness in a 2 year old" and a bunch of stuff comes up about teething. I think to myself, "no, we are past teething!" but I grab my hubby's flashlight and try to get a look in her mouth. Sure enough, she has molars trying to pop up on both sides on the bottom. Once we know what it is, it seems she just gets worse. Cries at everything and nothing, won't eat,barely drinks. My sweet little girl has turned into a beast!

Friday: Hubby has a day off, poor guy! I don't think having a teething beast was part of his plan, not to mention a cranky baby.

Saturday: Yippee another whole day at home with "the beast" - I am ready to rip my eyes out. I buy a bottle of wine and would have consumed the entire bottle in one swig, if I wasn't breastfeeding. One large glass will have to do.

Sunday: Beast still lurking. We decide to take a family outing to my brother-in-laws house. I haven't been anywhere in days and maybe the beast will be easier to deal with in the company of others. Emma immediately makes my BIL and SIL her slaves, poor them, they didn't even see it coming. "I want a cook book", " I want pizza and juice", "I want a better cookbook", "I don't want pizza and juice" God help us!

Monday: Hubby is giddy, he gets to go back to work! Leaving me here alone with baby and beast!! As I type this, I can only hope that this has passed. I've said several prayers asking for her to wake up the happy, sweet girl I know. Opps, I can hear her crying through the monitor....so far, not so good. I am totally frightened of what the day is going to bring with my hubby at work.

If I make it out alive I will keep you posted on the saga of the Second year Molars, until then I remain...

CLUELESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment