Monday, September 24, 2012

Everything I know, I learned from Pinterest!

I LOVE Pinterest!

It inspires me to do creative and beautiful things.

I realized though that it would be one thing to pin a bunch of wonderful ideas and recipes and crafts and another to actually attempt to create some magic of my own.

So I am starting this new series to keep me motivated and moving forward.

My first project was inspired by this pin

http://pinterest.com/pin/269230883944903017/


From a lovely blog - I heart Organizing

So my oldest child jus started preschool and I love every single paper that she comes home with and know I just can't part with them. 
When I saw this pin and read the coordinating blog post - I knew I needed my very own box for Emma. 

I bought the cheapest file box with a lid at Staples 
and used Modge Podge and paper to make it girly!





I used sharpie paint markers to write "Emma Grace School Memories" on the front of the box. 


I heart organizing offers great templates that you can download for free for including on the outside of each file folder!


I decided to design my own to match the pink, coral and green box. 



 School pictures were today so once I get them back, I will add one to the front of the file. 
Each year I can add a photo and other details!

Papers were already starting to pile up so I am so excited that I have a nice place to keep everything! 
Thanks so much for the inspiration Pinterest and I heart organizing














No comments:

Post a Comment